Tuesday, July 24, 2007

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday we had a surprise baby shower for my Mom in our barn. I've been planning it with a friend, Mrs. Gumness, for a little over a month and it FINALLY happened!! We've done all the planning via e-mail which was tough! We invited several Mothers along with their older daughters, and had about 20 people come. Mom was curious as to why I was on the computer much more than normal, and thought I was doing a LOT of blogging! Which is the main reason I haven't been blogging much - I was doing other stuff on the computer.

The big day finally arrived, and it was a bit hectic getting everything ready in time. I worked at our friends' store earlier in the day, and then in the afternoon brought two friends home "to sew". Once Mom and Dad left for their date we all went out to the barn and for the next two hours worked like crazy - cleaning, decorating and getting everything set up.

::SETTING UP::

Tara (shown putting up balloons) and Dana did all the decorating - THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

They did a fabulous job . . . .

. . . . there is NO WAY we could've done it without them!!


Helium balloons - which provided LOTS of fun and laughs later in the evening!

The "fancy" food table

Yum!! It looks really good!

Punch (if you look closely, you can see a little ducky that was floating in the punch - at least it was supposed to be floating, but it was "diving" the entire time!)

The cake made by Sarah and her Mom - it was delicious!!!


::GIFT OPENING::
Instead of gifts, we asked people to bring either a freezer meal, or a restaurant gift card to help make things a little easier after the baby is born. A few people brought baby gifts too, and they were SOOO cute!!


The gifts - how cute!!

Let's see who it's from . . . .

Awww . . . . . .

TOO CUTE!!

::FUN AND FELLOWSHIP::

Okay, so there was one boy!!

Playing games . . . . . .
Lindsey, Emmy, Nikki, Me & Mrs. Burant

Dana and I getting one of the games ready

Mrs. Siegmann & Mrs. Burant

Laura & Aleks

Mrs. Chudy & Mom

Mrs. Vagnini & Mrs. Gumness - thank you both SO MUCH for ALL your help! There is no way this could've happened without you!!

We also inhaled helium balloons, which was a BLAST!! I'd never done it before, and it was SO FUNNY!!! We didn't get any pictures though, just videos.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pictures!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh- I can see this post!! I have been checking back like every hour to see if it would show up for me and then this afternoon Noah was on the computer and happened to come on your blog, I walked by and saw something I hadn't seen before and was like WHAT!! It shows up for Noah but not for me?!?! No way!!
Aww.....what a sweet thing for you to do Ali!! Your Mom look so surprised and happy!!
Missin'You TONS!!!
Love Always,
~Lizzie

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Elizabeth,

I'm SOOO glad you can see the post!! I was really worried that there was something wrong, and I had no clue what it could be!!

Love you LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ansons said...

How sweet! The barn looks so beautiful!!!! I wish we had a nice barn like that! :)
Congratulations to your Mom- when is she due again?
Lydia

Anonymous said...

That looked like fun! :D Surprise parties are fun (and sometimes hard!)to plan. The decorations look great! :)

See ya tomorrow! :D