Sunday, May 6, 2007

A new post


Ok, I'm FINALLY posting!! Sadly, I don't have pictures, but I am going to post anyways
!

I mentioned in a previous post how I was helping do hair in a play, which was performed by a homeschool drama group -
H.I.S. Players. This past week we had 8 performances. Starting Monday we performed 5 performances for different middle/high schools, and on Friday and Saturday we had 2 public performances and a matinée. It was a really busy week, but lots of fun too!!

On Thursday all of our family except for Dad, Elsie, Anja and I went Up North to a wedding. I stayed home because of the play, and Dad and the girls stayed home because Elsie was kind of sick. I spent Friday night at our friends the Gumnesses house, and it was a
BLAST!! I got to meet their Grandparents (HI!!!) and had lots of fun with them, too - Thank you for the flowers!! They are absolutely gorgeous!!

The last performance was very sad, because we all knew it was going to be all over after that! But it was the best performance, and we were all glad for that!

After the performance we went to a party at the Dausters house. It was such an
amazing time!! It felt like we were all one big family, even though I knew most of the people just from helping out with the play. Nate Gumness wrote a really awesome song for some friends who were going through some hard times, and it was such an encouragement to me. I'm still having a hard time with the possibility of moving to China, and everyone was so encouraging, just by them being there and giving a hug, it was so encouraging. Thanks Mr. G, Ben, Nate and Sarah for being such great friends!! Love you guys!

So, that's basically what I've been up to lately, and I'm hoping to get some pictures of the play at some point, which I will definitely blog about!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was a lot of fun to help with the play! I would love to help do makeup or hair for a play. Maybe sometime I'll be able to!
So where would your dad work if you move to China? And where does he work now?

--aleks k. said...

Ali,

you finely blogged.lol. I wish we could have seen the play, but at least we can get a D.V.D of it!!

glad you had fun doing hair in it! Wish I could have been there to watch it,(even though you weren't in it it still would have been cool to seen it

love ya,
Aleks

~AliisaJoy~ said...

My Dad would work on a dairy farm, and he works on one right now! That's the reason he was asked for the job.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Aliisa Joy--you are! a joy!
It was good to have time with you this past wknd at the G's and at the play.

China! Yes, that is a far away/big move to be contemplating. You would be sorely missed, but--your blogsite would keep you linked with friends. My cousin stayed connected by e-mail when she went to China last yr to assist a Christian eye surgeon who does free cataract surgeries there. She and her husband will be leaving for the same mission work this June.

You will be prayerfully directed and protected! Love, Mrs. H. :o)

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

Hey Ali! Finally a post!! Hooray!! :)
I was wondering how the play went, sounds like it went really well!! :)
Miss Ya Tons!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

BTW--those flowers were from both! Mrs. G. and me. :o))))))))))))

Blessings, Mrs. H. aka Nana

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Thanks, Mrs. H., for the encouragement! Like I said in my post, I had lots of fun meeting and being with you both on Saturday!!

Love, Aliisa