Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A short update . . . . .

I haven't blogged in a while, so here's a quick update:

A couple weeks ago our friends the Petersons came for a visit (I will hopefully be putting more pictures of the visit up on our family blog).

Me and Sarah

Last week we got sick with the flu!! All of us except Mom and Emmy got it to some degree or another. Anja got it the worst, and everyone except Dad and I threw up. We got over it in a couple days, except for Anja, who was sick for about 6 or 7 days. It's so hard when the littlest ones are sick!

On Saturday (the 10th) Zack and I went to a Civil War Ball with a bunch of friends. The dance went from 7-midnight, and was an absolute BLAST!!! The only down fall was it was 2 hours away, and with daylight savings we lost an hours worth of sleep!! But we made it up the next night. Here are a few pictures of the dance (I may post more once I get them):

Zack is the 3rd guy from the left in the guys' line (he's kind of hard to see, but he's got on a dark suit and black cowboy hat)

My good friend, Dana, and I

On Sunday the boys, Aleks and I went to a square dance at our friends farm. Lots of our friends were there, and it was a lot of fun! (most of the people there had gone to the Civil War Ball, and were all pretty tired!)

This week is pretty normal, and on Sunday we're going to visit Dad's parents for a couple days, which we're all looking forward to!

8 comments:

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

Ohhh......square dancing!!! I wish I was there (as always)! For some reason Zack looks Amish in that hat! I just love your dress, Ali, and every time I see it I fall in love with it all over again!
I got the flu last week too, I had it the whole week- it was awful!!
Miss You Lots!!
~Lizzie

Anonymous said...

The dance (square dance) was fun, and it looks like the CW one was fun too. Your dresses are so pretty! :)

The Ansons said...

I always wanted to have a Civil War theme dance. Sigh. Now I have a partner, but two little monkeys to juggle too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aliisa,
My name is Dustynne. I really like your blog! And I just love those old-fashioned dresses you have on here. They are so beautiful. I remember for a while there I wanted to sew those and wear them all the time... :)
By the way...I'm twelve. And I love the way you spell your name, too!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty dress! Did you make it?

Anonymous said...

hey ali!

Thanks for helping me get a new blog!!!! I like it a lot!!! i have only posted 2 times but it is a really cool blog spot!!!!!

i really like it.

see ya a round
Aleks

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali!

You should update!!!!LOL

Aleks

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Aleks. ;)