Saturday, March 31, 2007

China . . . . .

This is going to be quick, but I just wanted to update a little bit. Those of you who have been reading my brother's blog are probably wondering why I haven't brought up China on here, but it's just the fact that there's so much to write about, that I've been procrastinating!!

So, my Dad has been offered a job managing a dairy farm in China. There is already a farm there that raises cashmere goats and sheep, as well as pigs and chickens. They are wanting to start dairy farming, but need someone who knows how to dairy farm (which my Dad has been doing for the past 5-6 years).

Nothing is finalized yet, but we are moving towards the direction of moving over there in 10-12 months. After we first get over there, we would live with the family that is currently living there (the Shells) while our house was being built.

On Sunday Mr. Shell came over from China to meet with us, and to look at some different farms/milking options with my Dad. Then on Tuesday the supervisor, "Uncle" Eddie came to meet us. He stayed until Thursday, and Mr. Shell is leaving sometime today. We really have had a great time with both of them, and it's been really fun!!

Tonight (well, tomorrow) Dad, Ike and Zack are going to China to see the farm and everything. After they milk at the farm tonight, our friends are going to drive them to the airport (about 2 1/2 hours away) where their plane will leave at 1am tomorrow morning!! They will be gone until next Saturday (I think their plane gets in around 6pm). So in about 1/2 hour we will go to the farm to see them off!

There's a quick update. For more detail go to my brother's blog where he's written a lot more about everything.

I covet your prayers as we move forward with this major change in our lives!! Everyone is really excited about this opportunity, but I am probably the one who is the least excited! I am so comfortable with our current situation, and am thinking maybe the Lord is using this opportunity to stretch me. I am learning sooo much how to lean on HIM, HE is the One who knows everything, knows what I'm going through, struggling, feeling at this time.

I am also very sad at the thought of leaving everyone here. We won't be able to just drive to visit someone - it'll take a plane ride!!

So, please pray for me, that I would continue to trust HIM, and know that HIS plans are BEST!!
Love,
Aliisa
P.S. This is so brief - ask whatever questions you have, and I will do my best to answer them!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ali,

Long long post!!! I wasn't abel to

read all of it.

aleks

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you sooooooo much if you move!!! I'll be praying that God would lead you guys in the direction that you're supposed to go. Have some fun "girl time" while your dad and brothers are gone! ;)

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

Thanks for the update, Ali! I will be praying that your Dad and the boys have a safe flight there and back!! I look forward to hearing how everything went!! :)
Love Ya!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Wow...I will definitely be praying for you, Aliisa!

The Ansons said...

We are praying for you! Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

long long long( you can keep saying that if you wan't ) update ali. i could't read all of it.

aleks