Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Busy, busy!

So Elizabeth, are you satisfied now? Have I done enough blogging for a while?! ;-) I guess it's feast or famine with me!

Lately, we have been very busy! We've had two families come for 3 or more days in the past few weeks. In August, I had a babysitting job for little Alexandra Gehl (Dad's boss' granddaughter) 2 full days a week for 3 1/2 weeks.
Me and Alexandra

On Saturday Ike and I went down to East Troy to the annual Bluegrass festival where we both competed in the band scramble. Here's how it works: there are 6 containers labeled guitar, bass, mandolin, fiddle, banjo and other instruments. Whichever instrument you want to play, you put your name in that container. Then they pick a name out of each container and there's a band! They pick 4 bands and they have an hour to practice 2 (one instrumental and one vocal) songs to perform on stage and pick a name. Then the 4 bands play their songs and the audience gets to judge which band gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th by cheering loudest for their favorite band.
Ike was on guitar, his band was "Isaac and the 'Ey makers" (he was their lead singer and he sang REALLY well!!) and they won 1st!! I was on bass, our band was "The Stone Bank Ramblers" (everyone asked where we were from, and I thought Stone Bank [the actual town we live in] sounded better than Oconomowoc [our mailing address] so I said that and that's how we got our name! It was kinda funny that both our bands were named after us!) and we got 3rd, which was pretty good! I liked Ike's band the best. They were really good. Ike's been in the band scramble 3 years, and he's one 1st, 2nd and 3rd! I'm really excited about next year and hope to be in it again!

Today Ike, Mom and I ran a bunch of errands. First Ike and I had dentist appointments. Neither of us had cavities - YEAH!!! Then we went to the vacuum cleaners, Wal-Mart and Menards. At Menards I got paint to paint my room, and I'm really excited!! I'm going to do cream and tanish colors, and I can't wait! Right now my desk is a really ugly greenish-yellowish color with gold trim, and I'm also going to re-paint the bookshelf and dresser in my r0om so everything will match. I'm going to re-paint the walls too, and am really looking forward to the result!

That's it for now. Hopefully it won't be so long before I blog again! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!! Ali posted!!!! :) Here is one smiling face!!!!! :)
Alexandra loks for sweet, but I must say, I am a little envious of her getting you that Thursday, instead of you coming down here.......

I knew you would do well at the Bluegrass festival!!!! Way to go Ali!!! Great job on placing 3rd!!! How come you didn't play bass for me while I was visiting??!?!?!?! :)
Oh, and congrats to Ike too!!!!

Your room will look SO good with fresh paint!!!! (Mom asked what color it was right now, and I said I didn't know, and she said "You were there, how could you NOT know???" and I said I went to see the people, not the paint in her bedroom!!!!!!) :) :) :) :)
Love Ya Ali!!!
~"Lizzie"