Monday, November 12, 2007

WOW!!!

Well, they did it! I never thought if they did it, they'd be able to pull it off, but they did. I was absolutely clueless, caught with the "deer in the headlights" look.

Would you like me to explain? A few of you already know, but I won't leave the rest of you hanging in suspense.

On Saturday my family and friends threw me a surprise 18th birthday and graduation party. And boy, was it a surprise! I had absolutely no idea it was coming (which is the point, right?). The funny thing is, just a few days ago I was telling a friend "if my Mom was planning a surprise birthday party, I'd probably know about it". Boy, am I ever eating my words now!

Between 70 and 100 people were there (people were coming and going, so maybe there were more, I'm not sure!) for the party and square dance following, which was another surprise! And was I ever surprised! My favorite square dance caller came and called a square dance along with a friend. I was telling people "that was the ultimate icing on the cake!".

People came from as far as 7 hours just to be at the party for about 4 hours and drive back home! Some people I hadn't seen in over 2 years came! It was such a special time!

It took me basically all of Saturday, yesterday, today, probably the next week to get over what just happened! I mean, this was a big party, and I had absolutely no clue!

Well, that's all for now. I'm going to do a post with a bunch of pictures, and the story behind the surprise as soon as I get a chance. Right now we still have 22 people in the house, most of them are leaving today but we'll have a few leaving tomorrow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah-- I'm so glad you were surprised!! I wish I could've been there!!
Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures!! :)
Love You-- only 6 days left till you're here!!

Anonymous said...

I love how surprise parties leave the person who was surprised in shock and everything for so long. haha ;) I'm glad you had fun. It was soooo cool that the Asp's could come!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early)
Love,
Allison

Unknown said...

Wow thats awesome! We all wanted to come SO BAD!!!!!!!!!! :( It sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm glad it all worked out. Wow! 70 to 100 people?!?! thats alot!
Sorry we missed it! Congratulations and Happy Birthday! :)
Lydee

Unknown said...

Hey Ali!
Sorry we couldn't make. It sounds like you didn't really miss us! :) Hey with 70-100 people who would. :)I got surpised for my b-day but it wasn't a whole party. Just a friend from 2 hours away came and stayed over night and I had no idea! I still can't believe that she was here, so I guess I'm kinda in shock. :) Not really! I think for the first 2 hourse I was sitting there telling her "I can't believe your here." :)
Leah

Ike said...

It was awesome!! You earned it many times over!! We were all worried about you finding out, so we were REALLY relieved when you were surprised!! Some of us didn't even know Great Gramma Hammond & Aunt Val were coming so we were surprised as well!!

But, you definatly deserve it with all you do!! I can't think of anyone else I would rather have as a big sister!

JoyAnn said...

Wow!
How exciting!
It is so amazing how so many people want to be a part of that special event! I hope that you had MANY MANY wonderful memories to last you a lifetime!
Joy

Anonymous said...

That's sweet of you to say to her, Ike. :)