Thursday, November 2, 2006

New flooring!

Ever since we first moved in here almost three years ago, we've tried to figure out why our landlord put cream colored carpet in the living room of a house he was going to be renting to a family with six children (that was all we had at the time!). We have tried so hard to keep it looking nice, but it just was not possible! So, finally, we convinced our landlord to let us put laminate flooring in! On Friday evening Dad and the boys (with help of the little girls) ripped out the carpeting, and on Saturday carpenters came to install the new floor!!







Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tearing up carpet is a filthy job!!! Last fall we tore up the carpet in our living room to have it replaced, and it was at least 30 years old and SOOO dirty and disgusting!!!
But I suppose if the carpet isn't too old and too dirty, it wouldn't be too bad of a job!!
Miss You, Ali!!!
~Elizabeth
P.S. I am TRYING to blog about your visit but I am having blogging difficulties....arg....stay tuned!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! The floor just fabulous!!
OK so I need to know how the "sound" is! We are looking to putting in flooring in the dinning room and I fear too much echo as my devoted children (dc) are quite vocal!
I bet your mom loves the new look, no more though of the incident of the dog on her mind.
Blessings, Beth AKA Mrs Pankratz
:-)